Friday, June 24, 2011

Make an appointment to donate blood on July 1st, 2nd or 5th and you'll receive a $10 gas card

As I sit with my family on the 4th of July and the fireworks are lighting up the sky, I am thankful that my family is healthy and able to be with me. I know I’m one of the lucky ones.
In the nearly three years that I have worked at South Bend Medical Foundation, I have met many donors who all have different reasons for donating blood. Some are survivors of cancer, some have lost family members who have needed transfusions, and others are giving back because they are thankful their loved one survived a surgery or accident.
As I stated in a previous blog, summer is a hard time for the Foundation to keep our blood supply at above minimum levels. It’s a time when many of our donors are on vacation and local colleges and universities are on break.
We have to create promotions we think will appeal to donors and entice them to take time of their busy days and come in and donate. We also hope the promotion will be just enough to persuade a brand new donor to overcome their fears of the unknown and get stuck for the first time.
Not only will blood donors who donate this summer be entered to win a 2012 Ford Focus, but if you make an appointment for July 1st, 2nd or 5th, you will automatically be given a $10 gas card when you donate a unit of blood. Appointments can be made by calling 574.234.1157 or online at www.GiveBloodNow.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment