Tuesday, May 17, 2011

An introduction to South Bend Medical Foundation's blog

Have you ever had a lab test and wondered what the lingo on the requisition meant?  Or have you donated blood and wanted to learn more about how blood donor services works? Or perhaps you have a lab question you would like answered, but are too shy or embarrassed to ask.
Beginning this week, I will be blogging on a bi-weekly basis about South Bend Medical Foundation.  Topics of my blogs will be geared toward blood donors and lab patients, as well as members of the general public who are interested in learning more about being healthy or more about the Foundation as a whole.
I’ve been employed at South Bend Medical Foundation in the Public Relations department for over two years.  Like many of you, I have a lot of questions as both a blood donor and occasional lab patient. Although I work at SBMF now, my background isn’t in a medical field, so each day I learn something new.
I hope this blog will be very interactive and that readers will feel comfortable enough to comment and to bring forth questions you’d like answered.  Stay tuned and please feel free to submit questions to chahn@sbmf.org with the subject line confidential blog if you have questions you would like addressed without including your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment